Friday, April 2, 2010

Blogging




This is for all the people in my family whose blogs I enjoy. I am a bit of a hypocrite for telling you all to post more. I love keeping in touch by reading your thoughts, looking at where you live, where you go, what you cook and eat, and the people in your lives. I decided the communication should be mutual. Plus, I want to be part of the twenty-first century and have some way of posting pictures if I want to show you something. I can't promise I will be cute, clever, profound or even interesting, but I think this is arguably one of the more thoughtful modes of regular correspondence of our time, something roughly equivalent to the writing of long letters in the days before computers. But there's also the "log" aspect to it, which functions as a sort of public journal. So, we'll see.

I AM in med school, so if I don't post for months on end, it's because I'm in a vortex of anatomy, physiology, pathology...but I'm looking forward to a chance to organize and communicate my thoughts. Then, I guess I'm not promising it won't sometimes be the ramblings of a confused mind. Maybe it will merely be the record of my slow descent into insanity. But why not live the "examined life?" I love you all!

Love,
Melissa

1 comment: